What does it take to succeed? Does life happen to you, or do you respond to life? Why should you focus on achieving the inches instead of the miles in success?
In this podcast episode, I speak with Nelson Tressler about not being a victim of your circumstances and living the life you’re destined to live.
Meet Nelson Tressler
Nelson Tressler’s early life was filled with trauma, struggle, and court trials. But although his childhood was something that many of us couldn’t fathom going through, he was able to turn his life around in a positive way.
He set goals, kept a positive mindset, and stayed accountable for his actions. He has developed the IGotSmarter App to help others do the same.
In This Podcast
- Living the life you were destined to live
- Steps you can take to open your eyes to your potential
Living the life you were destined to live
Coming to notice the life you live currently and the life you want to build for yourself, you begin to notice contrasts. You see what you have and you see where you want to go and the space you need to travel to get there: the trick is not to let that space between where you are now and where you want to go frighten you but inspire you.
Nelson discusses the ‘crab bucket effect’ and how his family, not with malicious intent but in their actions, brought him down to save him hurt feelings. No one expected anything from him, and in some ways that lack of expectation is what motivated him to prove that he is capable beyond what both he and his family thought of about his capabilities.
You’re not a victim of your circumstances. You’re a product of your choices (Nelson Tressler)
Steps you can take to open your eyes to your potential
The one thing I think a lot of people miss out on is you can absolutely design the life you want to live and that you are in control of it … I focus on the things that I can control and the things that I can move and the things that I can’t control, I believe that’s true insanity to worry and stress about that. (Nelson Tressler)
- Realize what you have control over and what you do not, and commit your energy and intentional action to make an impact over the things you can change in your life.
- You get to assign meaning to everything that happens to you. Nothing comes at you with a clear intention already laid out, because it is your response to that action that dictates its meaning.
- If you look for a negative meaning, you will find a negative meaning but if you look for a positive meaning you will find something positive to take away from it.
- Get a success partner. Find a group or connect with someone that you can support and who can support you in achieving goals and expanding the person you are into the person you want to become.
What I truly believe in goals is [that] goals don’t just change the person’s life that is achieving them, they change the generations to follow, and I’m living proof of that and my kids are living proof of that because they are living a drastically different life than I lived just after one generation and it all started with one goal. (Nelson Tressler)
Books by Nelson Tressler
- Dating, Divorce, Marriage, and Sex with Dr. Susan Orenstein: Part 1 of 2 | BM 55
- Dating, Divorce, Marriage, and Sex with Dr. Susan Orenstein: Part 2 of 2 | BM 56
- BTBFM FREE EMAIL COURSE
- Sign up for Busy to Bomb Fit Mom
- Connect with Melissa on Facebook and Instagram
- Email Melissa: email@example.com
Meet Melissa Vogel
Melissa Vogel is an energetic keynote speaker, business owner, certified personal trainer, certified group fitness instructor, 1st degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, a mother of three, and a podcaster.
Melissa has been voted as the Best Personal Trainer for 2020 by Inland Empire Magazine, and Built the Busy to Bomb Fit Mom exercise system.
She is quickly becoming recognized for her expertise and influence in her field!
Melissa has contributed to numerous publications and has been featured in the Trail Blazer Magazine, and published in the April 2020 edition of Health Magazine. Her approach incorporates personal experience, energy, humor, and charisma.
Thanks for listening!
Did you enjoy this podcast? Feel free to share this podcast on social media! You can also leave a review of the Bomb Mom Podcast on Apple Podcasts (previously iTunes) and subscribe! Bomb Mom is part of the Practice of the Practice Podcast Network, a family of podcasts that change the world. To hear other podcasts like Empowered & Unapologetic, Imperfect Thriving, Faith in Practice, Grow a Group Practice or Beta Male Revolution, go to practiceofthepractice.com/network.