Why is it important to have a roadmap for your fitness journey? Why should you fake it until you make it? What are some actionable steps you can do today to ‘act as if’?
In this podcast episode, Melissa Vogel speaks about the fourth pillar of being a Bomb Mom and why it’s important to ‘act as if’.
In This Podcast
- Having a roadmap
- Fake it until you make it
- Action steps to take
Having a roadmap
If you want to know how to act, you have to know where you’re going.
It’s extremely important to have a roadmap of your fitness journey to show you where you’re going and what your end destination is. What does your ‘person B’ look like? You have to get crystal clear and envision where you want to go, this will lead you to know how to act and behave.
Fake it until you make it
I can’t stress enough how important it is to ‘act as if’. This is going to start your mental mind-shift and stop your excuses.
- Start implementing behaviors of who you want to become immediately, act, and behave like the person you’re going to become.
- If you don’t know what your ‘person B’ looks like, then use someone else and ask yourself what that person would be doing.
If you’re not physically fit and ripped yet, that’s fine. Get up and put those shoes on, do a workout, and act as if you are the person you want to become. Eat like your ‘person B’ wants you to eat, think like ‘person B’ wants you to think, and then as the pounds start coming off, you’re getting one set closer to becoming her.
Action steps to take
Starting to hit your fitness goals doesn’t always have to be physical.
- Create your ‘person B’ – what does she look like, what does she look like in a bathing suit? What does she eat? What does her schedule look like?
- How long will it take you to get to be ‘person B’?
- How will your relationships change when you become ‘person B’? Identify some roadblocks and what some crucial conversations are you will need to have with those closest to you.
Meet Melissa Vogel
Melissa Vogel is an energetic keynote speaker, business owner, certified personal trainer, certified group fitness instructor, 1st degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, a mother of three, and a podcaster.
Melissa has been voted as the Best Personal Trainer for 2020 by Inland Empire Magazine, and Built the Busy to Bomb Fit Mom exercise system.
She is quickly becoming recognized for her expertise and influence in her field!
Melissa has contributed to numerous publications and has been featured in the Trail Blazer Magazine, and published in the April 2020 edition of Health Magazine. Her approach incorporates personal experience, energy, humor, and charisma.
Thanks for listening!
Did you enjoy this podcast? Feel free to share this podcast on social media! You can also leave a review of the Bomb Mom Podcast on iTunes and subscribe!
Bomb Mom is part of the Practice of the Practice Podcast Network, a family of podcasts that change the world. To hear other podcasts like Empowered & Unapologetic, Imperfect Thriving, Faith in Practice, Grow a Group Practice or Beta Male Revolution, go to practiceofthepractice.com/network.